This Mango Farro Pilaf is a ferociously flavorful take on traditional rice pilaf. Farro, a nutrient-rich ancient grain, provides a nice chew that is smoothed out with the creaminess of coconut milk. Made In Nature organic dried mangoes combined with herbs and spices give this dish an exotic twist. This is a great side dish to pair with grilled fish or chicken, or on its own as a healthy vegetarian lunch.
- Combine farro and 4 cups water, bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove any foam that accumulates on top of water during cooking. Strain and rinse, then chill for 10-15 minutes or overnight.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add dried mango, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked farro, mint, and basil and heat through. Salt to taste.
- Add coconut milk and stir to heat through.
- Serve with lime wedges and chopped scallion.