As seasons change, so do our food cravings. When temperatures rise, we tend to keep the oven off and reach for easy-to-make snacks that are fruit-forward, healthy, and nothing short of delicious. Here are four of our go-to summer recipes to keep you, and your family, fueled for all of life’s adventures.
Made In Nature’s organic, unsulfured super snacks are here to help you fuel up for your various summer adventures, from hiking to hanging by the pool. Whip up any of our plant-based, fruit-powered recipes to wow your tastebuds and with real food, real taste, and real nutrition. Happy snacking!
Homemade Trail MixLet’s face it: many of the trail mixes you find at the grocery store are packed with added sugars and unnecessary ingredients. Making your own trail mix is a great way to make a snack that is of the utmost quality (and you can fill it with whatever your heart desires!)Dried fruit makes a great addition to trail mix as it has natural sugars – this is a great way to boost your blood sugar after a workout, a hike, or even when you need a mid-day pick-me-up during the workday.Here is our go to trail mix:Ingredients:
- ½ Cup Cashews (toasted or raw)
- ½ cup almonds (toasted or raw)
- ¼ cup pepita seeds
- ¼ cup organic Made In Nature Maple Vanilla Coconut Chips
- ¼ cup organic Made In Nature Raisins
- ¼ cup organic Made In Nature Cranberries
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup *optionalDirections:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spread your cashews and almonds on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Add maple syrup if you prefer your trail mix sweet.
- Toast the cashews and almonds for 10 minutes and let cool.
- Combine your pepita seeds, coconut chips, raisins, cranberries, salt, and nuts in a large bowl and mix.
- Store for up to one month in a covered container & enjoy!
Fruity Yogurt Bark
- 3 cups yogurt (Greek or non-dairy yogurt will work. Choose the full-fat option when possible.)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup organic Made In Nature Dried Apples (diced)
- ¼ cup organic Made In Nature Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup organic Made In Nature Maple Vanilla Coconut Chips
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- Combine the yogurt, vanilla extract, and honey in a bowl.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, spread the yogurt mixture evenly. Add the coconut chips, cranberries, and apples and gently press them into the yogurt.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milk of choice (we prefer oat milk)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 3-4 organic Made In Nature Dried Figs, sliced into quarters
- 2-3 organic Made In Nature Medjool Dates, sliced into quarters
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Once the mixture is combined, top with the figs, dates, and chia seeds. Cover the jar (or bowl) tightly.
- Place in the fridge for at least three hours and enjoy!
Banana and Date Smoothie
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 4-5 pitted organic Made In Nature Medjool Dates
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 – 4 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp organic Made In Nature Toasted Cinnamon Coconut Chips
- Combine your milk, dates, banana, vanilla, cinnamon, and ice in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until the mixture appears smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass or bowl. Top your smoothie with the coconut chips. Enjoy!