Pineapple Coconut Cookies
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ tablespoon coconut extract
- 1 cup fine flaked coconut (we prefer unsweetened coconut)
- ½ cup chopped Made In Nature Organic Dried Pineapple
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of water if needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time until fluffy.
- Beat in coconut extract.
- Mix coconut and pineapple.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir this mixture into the cream mixture, form a ball, and wrap in plastic.
- Chill for two hours.
- Roll dough out, about 1/4 cup at a time, into a ball; scoop out each cookie by the rounded Tablespoon then flatten top of each cookie.
- Bake in oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove to a rack and cool completely.