Spice up your Cinco de Mayo holiday with this sweet and spicy quesadilla! Full of flavor and the pineapple offer a delicious hint of sweetness that compliments the spicy chicken!
- In a bowl, mix the diced pineapple and lime juice together, making sure to cover the pineapple completely with the lime juice. Cover and put into a refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add in chicken and sauté with onions until chicken is fully cooked. Set aside.
- Remove pineapple from refrigeration. Evenly divide and sprinkle the cheese, cooked chicken, onions, tomatoes, avocados, and pineapple over each of 4 tortillas.
- Place skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add 1 quesadilla, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until quesadilla is browned. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4-6 wedges. Serve alongside your favorite tortilla chips and MIN’s Mango Avocado and Red Onion Salsa for a festive Cinco de Mayo meal!