Cranberry Sauce with Port and Dried Figs
- 1 2/3 cups ruby Port
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 8 dried Made in Nature Organic Black Mission figs, stemmed, chopped
- 1 6-inch-long sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Discard rosemary.
- Mix in cranberries and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to bowl; chill until cold.
- (Cranberry sauce can be prepared 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)