Did You Know Whole30 Meets Many Other Popular Dietary Restrictions?
The good news about Whole30 friendly recipes is that they also adhere to many other dietary restrictions. What dietary restrictions does Whole30 meet? Dairy free? Gluten-free? No problem! Many are also vegan. That means, if you’re heading to a summer day gathering and need some good potluck ideas, there’s a lot about these recipes that will help you share the wealth. Should you need a refresher, here are the Whole30 Guidelines.
The 6 Whole30 Diet Guidelines
- No Sugar. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, coconut sugar, date syrup, stevia, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, etc.
- No alcohol.
- No legumes. “This includes beans of all kinds (black, red, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava, etc.), peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter, either. This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).
- No dairy.
- No carrageenan, MSG or sulfites.
- No baked goods.
Focus On Fruits, Veggies, Clean Meats & Buy Organic
While that can sound like a lot of N.O., there’s plenty to say yes to when following a Whole30 diet including lots of fruit, veggies, clean meats and more. Be sure to buy organic so you’re not undoing your good efforts by consuming pesticides and GMOs. Stick to this better-for-you way of eating and still whip up a crowd pleaser. Here are our favorite recipes for doing just that!
Our 30 Favorite Whole30 Potluck Ideas And Recipes:
Whole30 Potluck Ideas For Appetizers
- Seafood Ceviche Banana Chips
- Roasted Pepper Nachos from Worthy Pause
- Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms from The Real Food Dieticians
Delicious And Unique Dips
- Mango Avocado and Red Onion Salsa
- Paleo Pesto from The Whole Smiths
- Paleo French Onion Dip from 40 Aprons
Salads & Veggies
- Creamy Broccoli Slaw from The Real Food Dieticians
- Wedge Salad from Cooking with Curls
- Watermelon Salad with Coconut Lime Dressing from The Sophisticated Caveman
- Prosciutto & Grilled Fig Salad
- Sweet & Sour Rainbow Slaw from Whole30
- Pina Colada Coleslaw from Physical Kitchness
- Kale Salad with Sautéed Apples from Brooklyn Supper
Clean, Delicious Proteins
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad from Eat the Gains
- Cashew Tuna Salad Cucumber Bites from The Real Food Dieticians
- Mango and Pineapple Stuffed Chicken Burgers
- Cranberry and Plum Stuffed Turkey Burgers
- Buffalo Ranch Wings from Whole30
- Tuna Green Chili and Zoodle Casserole from Cotter Crunch
- Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa
- 8-Minute Tuna Hotdish from Worthy Pause
Whole30 Friendly Robust Sides
- Dill Pesto Potato Wedge Salad from Cotter Crunch
- Warm Chipotle Lime Sweet Potato Salad from The Real Food Dieticians
- Cauliflower Fried Rice from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy
- Spaghetti Squash with Pesto from A Family Feast