Your cart is currently empty.
Self Care Tips – Give Yourself Some Love: 7 Focus Areas
This holiday season we’re putting self-care at the top of our to-do list. Though it’s often the first thing to go when the backlog builds, research shows that putting “me” first actually supports getting things done. That’s because pressing pause can actually help increase focus, not to mention prevent burnout, and reduce the negative effects of stress. As the shopping lists build, invites mount, and time off often means juggling family and friends, we can’t think of a better time to give ourselves the gift of self-love with these self-care tips.
Check Out These Self-Care Pathways
If you’re new to the game of putting you first, or even if you have a handful of favorite ways to unwind and reset, may we suggest checking out the below self-care pathways? These 7 areas from Psychology Today suggest tuning in to determine how best to give yourself what you need.
If some of our self-care examples sound possible for you, try to make them a habit. The best way to reap the benefits of self-care is when taking care of yourself no longer falls in the “project” category. The good news is, many of these self-love exercises can happen anytime, anywhere.
7 Focus Areas For Self Care Tips:
If you feel overwhelmed and your mind feels speedy, take a moment to tune into your senses with these 5 self care tips.
- Take a deep breath and let it out with a sigh.
- Watch a cloud move across the sky.
- Find a quiet place and listen to your environment.
- Devote time to petting an animal.
- Listen to a calming piece of music.
If your mood feels like a colorless sky, consider giving yourself something you love.
- Eat something delicious and focus just on its taste.
- Cuddle with something or someone you love.
- Watch a funny movie.
- Read fiction or fantasy.
- Take a sensory walk.
If you’re feeling unaccomplished.
- Clean out that drawer.
- Take one small step on a big project.
- Do a crossword puzzle.
- Make a list.
- Learn something new.
When you need inspiration or to plug into something deeper.
- Light a candle.
- Read an inspiring poem.
- Connect to what you’re grateful for.
- Be in Nature.
If you feel overwhelmed by emotion these are the self care tips to focus on.
- Take a moment to feel the emotion in your body. Breath into this place.
- Let yourself release it: cry, scream, pound a pillow or whatever might be helpful.
- Ask a friend if you can share what’s going on.
- Take a breath of fresh air.
When you need to take care of your body.
- Have a private dance party.
- Go for a walk.
- Try a new movement class.
- Take a nap.
- Make getting enough sleep a priority.
If you’re feeling isolated and lonely.
- Make a date with a friend.
- Call someone you love.
- Carve out some time to play with a pet.
- Join a meetup.
- Start or join a book club.