Your cart is currently empty.
Guest Post: Holiday Recipes with The Real Food Dietitians
Hey everyone! It’s Jess and Stacie here from The Real Food Dietitians. As the name implies, we’re dietitians with a passion for real food. Today we’re sharing a recipe for Vanilla Chai Spiced Granola from our new Healthy Holiday Treats ebook that we created in partnership with Made In Nature.
We already know you love healthy snacking since you’re reading this blog – so we won’t have to convince you to put down the soda and chips and pick up a handful of this Vanilla Chai Spiced Granola with Plums instead. Besides, who can resist the cinnamony-sweet call of chai and the crunch of granola studded with bits of sweet dried plums? We know we can’t!
If you love this recipe, be sure to grab your FREE copy of our Healthy Holiday Treats ebook here. It’s full of healthy holiday treats!
Vanilla Chai Spiced Granola with Plums
The warm, spicy flavor of chai tea infuses the nuts and oats in this crave-worthy granola and dried plums add just the right amount of sweetness. Serve it with your favorite milk, yogurt or right out of the jar.
Recipes makes 20-24 servings.
- 3 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup large coconut flakes
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 (6 oz.) bag Made In Nature Dried Plums, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325℉ degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl combine the oats, coconut flakes, almonds, and pecans. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine brown rice syrup, coconut oil, and spices. Stir continuously and heat just until warm. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Add the brown rice syrup mixture to the oat mixture and stir until evenly coated. Transfer to sheet pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring halfway through baking time.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minute before stirring in dried plums.
7. Serve with non-dairy milk, on top of yogurt or enjoy on its own.
8. Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 weeks. Serve granola over your favorite yogurt, with your favorite milk or right out of the jar. Or package some up in a jar with a pretty ribbon for a festive holiday gift for the healthy foodies in your life.
Stacie Hassing and Jessica Beacom are the Registered Dietitian Nutritionists behind The Real Food Dietitians website and blog. They create gluten-free and Paleo-friendly recipes that are designed to be big on taste and short on ingredients, so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what you love. You can find more recipes as well as nutrition, health and meal planning tips on their blog at The Real Food Dietitians.