Your cart is currently empty.
Fair Trade Month: 5 Fabulous Ways to Support The Cause
October is Fair Trade month, which means it’s a perfect time to send a little extra love to this socially conscious certification by stocking up on your favorite goods and spreading the word. Products with a Fair Trade stamp assure sustainable farming practices, better trading conditions, the payment of higher prices for exporters and improved social and environmental standards.
Here are 5 ways we’re promoting Fair Trade Month.
1. Eating Fair Trade
Chocolate, tea, coffee, oh, my! Some of the most delicious foods carry a Fair Trade Certification.
Here are a few of our favorites Fair Trade Products:
- Numi Gratitude Tea
- Unreal Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- Peace Nocturnal Brew
- Fair Quinoa Vodka
- Glory Bee Raw Coffee Blossom Honey
2. Spreading the Word
Get on your social accounts to help spread the word that Fair Trade month is here. Here are few astounding factoids from the Fair Trade Foundation to support your mission.
- 26% of all farmers and workers in fair trade are women
- Small producer organizations spent 31% of their fair trade premium on investments supporting productivity or quality improvements
- On plantations, workers spent 26% of their fair trade premium on education
- There are more than 1.65 million farmers and workers in fair trade certified producer organizations
3. Making a Fair Trade meal
Make a meal using predominately organic and fair trade ingredients? We accept that challenge! Here’s what on our menu:
Vegetarian Roasted Beet Skewers with Curried Yogurt Dipping Sauce. Wait, did we say curried yogurt dipping sauce?! Try adding our delicious Goldenberries.
Yes! We think cooking with Fair Trade ingredients is one of the best ways to nourish mind and body.