Raw Truffle Balls
Ready to throw out the sugar but still want all of the flavor and indulgence? Snack on these delicious Raw Truffle Balls after a hike, for breakfast, or even as an elegant dessert or party favor. They're packed with nutrition and delicious. Best yet, they're so easy to make they're destined to become a weekly favorite.
- 1/2 cup Made In Nature Organic Dried Dates
- 1/2 cup Made In Nature Organic Apricots
- 1/2 cup Made In Nature Organic Raisins
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 T fresh orange juice
- Finely chopped nuts, chocolate, and/or coconut for coating the truffles. About 1/3 cup of the coating of your choice should cover the batch.
- In a food processor, combine the apricots, dates, raisins, walnuts, pecans, cocoa and cinnamon (simply add more fruit if you choose not to use nuts). Pulse to coarsely chop the mixture and slowly add the orange juice, just enough to aid in blending the mixture. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped and blended. The mixture should stiffen – if it still seem too loose, add in more nuts.
- Now you are ready to roll! Dampen your hands with cold water and gently begin to roll into small balls – about ¾ in. or any desired size. Then roll the mixture in your choice of finely chopped nuts, chocolate, powdered sugar or coconut.
- Place the balls on a tray or baking sheet covered in wax paper and refrigerate until firm – about 2-3 hours. Serve or store in a covered container in a refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!