Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza
This is guaranteed to turn a family favorite into a special evening. And it couldn't be simpler.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup Made In Nature Organic Calimyrna Figs, stemmed, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Made In Nature Organic Fig & Apricot Preserve spread (Optional: See recipe for details)
- 1 prepared whole wheat pizza dough
- 8 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cups arugula tossed in 1 tsp olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Roll out dough piece on a floured surface to a very thin 10" round. Place dough onto a baking sheet. Place onto baking sheet and par-bake for about 10-15 minuets.
- Heat olive oil and the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the red onions and figs and increase heat, sautéing the product until figs are thoroughly coated with the oil and vinegar mixture.
- Remove par-baked pizza dough and brush with olive oil. If you are using the fig & apricot preserve, you can spread it onto the dough at this point (optional) and then scatter the dough with the goat cheese, fig, and onion mixture. Sprinkle 1 tsp of thyme on top.
- Place pizza dough in the oven and bake for another 5-10 minuets or until crust is baked to your desired browning.
- Toss arugula and 1 tsp. of oil and lemon in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pizza from oven and top pizza with arugula mixture. Serve.