Sweet and Spicy Cranberries and Pumpkinseed Mix
Whether you’re carving pumpkins for Halloween or a Thanksgiving pie, don’t toss the seeds — toast them with salt and chili powder. Then mix with dried cranberries and raisins for a sweet and spicy snack treat.
- 1 cup pumpkinseeds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1.2 cup Made In Nature Organic Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Made In Nature Organic Raisins
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
You can easily change up the spice and fruit for a completely different sweet and spicy snack mix. Just substitute curry powder for the chili powder and then replace the dried cranberries and Raisins with Made In Nature Organic Dried Mangos for an Indian-flavored blend.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop pumpkinseeds out of pumpkin, and rinse off pulp. Drain seeds, and pat dry.
- Spread seeds on a baking sheet, and mix in oil to coat all seeds. Sprinkle salt and chili powder, and mix well.
- Bake 40 minutes, flipping seeds over every 10 minutes until browned. Set aside to cool.
- Slice Made In Nature Organic Dried Apples into bite-sized pieces, and place in a mixing bowl. Add Made In Nature Organic Dried Cranberries and pumpkinseeds then combine mixture. Enjoy!