Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad
This protein packed salad is ideal for getting your greens in when you are in the market for something hearty and filling! Our Organic White Mulberries add the perfect punch of texture and flavor.
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 Made In Nature Organic White Mulberries
- 1/2 cup cubed and cooked butternut squash
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Cook the quinoa. Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve, drain and transfer to a small to medium sized pot. Add 1 cup water and a pinch of salt (the ratio should always be 2:1 water : quinoa). Bring water to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let the quinoa sit for about 5 minutes, uncover, fluff and let cool before assembling the salad.
- Steam the squash. In your preferred steamer, steam cubed butternut squash for about 7-8 minutes. Check to ensure the squash is soft but still firm enough to keep its shape.
- Assemble the salad. In a large bowl, toss the first six ingredients.
- Serve. Drizzle the balsamic on top of the salad and give it one more toss. Garnish with a few more Made In Nature Organic White Mulberries.