Squash and Fig Stew
This squash and fig stew is perfect for warming your bones on a chilly day. Bring it to thanksgiving dinner or prepare in bulk and freeze to last you through the winter months. Nutritious meets delicious with this fall stew.
- 1 Butternut squash
- 1 Onion
- 1 lb. local grass fed beef
- 4 Carrots
- 8 Made In Nature organic dried figs
- 3 cups water
- Vegetable stock
- 1 or 1/2 fresh jalapeño diced to taste
- 1 palm full of Garden herbs to taste
- Tsp salt
- Tablsp black pepper
- In a sauce pan sauté the onion, garlic, beef, figs and jalapeños until the beef is cooked and the rest is tender.
- Cube butternut squash, slice carrots and add to saucepan. Sauté for a couple minutes.
- In a pot, add water and veg. Stock, garden fresh herbs, salt and pepper and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to boil then let simmer covered for 20 minutes.