Plum and Sweet Potatoes Anna
A colorful side dish or flavor-packed main, this creation is full of nutrient for any occasion!
- 5-6 Sweet Potatoes Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Port
- 10 Made in Nature Organic Dried Plums
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat a cup of port and soak ten pitted prunes until slightly plumped, about 20 minutes. Drain and chop the prunes coarsely.
- Brush a neutral oil onto your favorite eight- or nine-inch round baking dish or oven-proof frying pan.
- Put a layer of potatoes, overlapping in circles, in the dish. Brush with olive oil, and salt and pepper. Put another layer of potatoes and about half the prune pieces. Salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil. Repeat two more layers, embedding the rest of the prunes at the end and brushing each layer with olive oil and salt and pepper. You can do four layers of potatoes or six, it's up to you. Pack the potatoes tightly.
- Bake at 450 for 45-60 minutes until crisp and tender.