Fig and Goat Cheese Appetizer
- 6 Made In Nature Calimyrna Figs or Black Mission Figs
- 1/4 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 T of olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz goat cheese (soft Brie cheese also works well)
- 16 crackers
- 16 pieces of fresh arugula or mixed mesclun greens
Make this sweet, savory appetizer in minutes to impress your guests.
- Add oil and onion to a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Saute until onions are coated and begin to soften.
- Trim stem of figs, slice into 1/4" slices (about 4-5 per fig).
- Add figs and balsamic vinegar to skillet. Saute for 2 - 4 minutes until figs soften and are nicely coated. Remove from heat.
- Spread cheese on crackers to lightly cover and evenly distribute among crackers.
- Add one small piece of arugula or mixed green on top of cheese. Place fig topping on greens and serve.