Granola with Cranberries & Raisins
Don't be frightened of the long ingredient list. This is worth every darn second and when you smell it baking in your oven you'll be dreaming of the what you'll put into your next batch!
This granola is crisp, flavourful, and addicting. Have fun mixing up your favorite Made In Nature Organic Dried fruit with nuts and seeds. Enjoy it with your favourite milk poured over top for a delicious breakfast. It will keep for about 1 month refrigerated in an air-tight container.
www.ohsheglows.com, chosen as a Tastiest Top 10 Food Bloggers via Food52!
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 2.5 cups rolled oats (regular not instant)
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- WET INGREDIENTS
- 3-4 tbsp brown rice syrup (I used 3 tbsp, but next time I will use 4 tbsp so it clumps more)
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Made In Nature Organic Raisins (or any of your favorite Made In Nature Organic Dried Fruit)
- 1/3 cup Made In Nature Organic Dried Cranberries
- Handful of roasted pepita seeds
- Preheat oven to 300F. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the wet ingredients. Stir well. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a very large mixing bowl, Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture (while still warm!) over top the dry mixture and stir well. It will be very thick and hard to stir, but keep at it until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spread onto a pan lined with parchment paper or a non-stick mat and bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 300F. Remove the pan from the oven every 15 minutes and give the granola a good stir to ensure even baking.
- Allow to cool for 20-25 minutes on the pan before serving. The granola will stiffen up as it cools. Makes about 6 cups and will keep for 1 month in the fridge in an air-tight container.
- Note: You can probably substitute the brown rice syrup and agave nectar for other liquid sweeteners, although please note that the flavour and crispness will change.