Your cart is currently empty.
New Uses for Kale Chips!
Put Down the Bowl and Try Kale Chips in Your Favorite Recipes
Kale chips are fantastic and there are so many different ways to prepare them: with some extra heat from spices or sprinkled with parmesan and garlic, to start. But, you don’t have to eat them straight from the bowl every time a craving hits (though we wouldn’t blame you if you did).
I love it when people get creative with their food, thinking outside the box to create delicious new combos – and lately I’ve seen tons of interesting ways to eat kale chips. Surprisingly, there are plenty of alternative uses that you may not have thought of before, and I’m so excited to share them with you!
If you’re running low on time or just want a hassle-free way to turn kale chips into your next power snack, we’ve got you covered. Personally, Made In Nature’s Bedda Than Chedda and Sriracha Chili are two of my favorite flavors.
Using kale chips as a snack topping
Once you’ve spiced your kale up and dehydrated the fibrous leaves into a crunchy chip (or bought your favorite kind from the store), try using them as a topping on some of your favorite snacks:
- Crumble your kale chips and toss them in with some air popped popcorn. Chips flavored with salt and olive oil taste great, but don’t be afraid to get creative.
- If you’re like me and tend to cover your pizza in parmesan and red pepper flakes, try making some kale chips with those same flavors. Then, you guessed it – use those kale chips as your new favorite pizza topping.
- Who doesn’t love toast smothered in creamy avocado? Personally, I’m a huge fan. Switch up the flavor of your avocado toast by adding crispy kale chips as a topping.
Kale chips as a topping for pastas, soups, and chili
Did you know that kale chips can make some of your favorite pastas, soups, and chili even better? Here’s how I love to add them to my entrees:
- Sprinkle garlic and parmesan kale chips over your next bowl of macaroni and cheese for an extra dose of flavor and nutrition. To be fair, it’s still mac and cheese, but now you can add some micronutrients to your cheesy mix.
- Give your soups, stews, and chili a boost! Make your kale chips with flavors that will complement the main course and then sprinkle them over the bowls before serving.
- Mac and cheese doesn’t get to have all the fun — top your other pastas with a heaping helping of kale chips, too. This roasted garlic and caramelized onion kale pasta with spicy parmesan kale chips sounds mouthwatering. It’s sort of like topping your pasta with parmesan, but healthier.
Can you think of even more alternative uses for kale chips? Let’s brainstorm some more ways to incorporate these nutritious, tasty chips into everyday meals — just remember to share your ideas in the comments!