These bite sized snacks come from our friends Jo & Jules, the Founders of the Conscious Cleanse: "Our latest creation is Sunshine Bites. One of the things that makes these bites so great are the cashews. They provide a bit of protein and healthy fat which keeps you full and satisfied for longer. We also love the sweet and tangy flavor that the apricots add to the bites. It’s hard to find organic unsulfured apricots, so we were thrilled to find Made In Nature’s Apricots. When in a pinch, we put a little raw almond butter on them for a easy sweet treat."
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup dried apricots
- ½ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lime
- pinch sea salt
- pinch ground turmeric
- Soak cashews for four hours.
- Drain and rinse.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients.
- Pulse to combine until a sticky dough is formed.
- Spoon out about a ½ tablespoon amount of mixture at a time and roll into a ball with your hands.
- Roll in coconut to coat.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.