Fiesta Cinco de Mayo Quesadilla
Spice up your Cinco de Mayo holiday with this sweet and spicy quesadilla! Full of flavor and the pineapple offer a delicious hint of sweetness that compliments the spicy chicken!
- ½ cup Made In Nature Dried Pineapple, diced
- 2 Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into cubes
- 4 Organic Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 2/3 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- ½ cup avocado, diced
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- In a bowl, mix the diced pineapple and lime juice together, making sure to cover the pineapple completely with the lime juice. Cover and put into a refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add in chicken and sauté with onions until chicken is fully cooked. Set aside.
- Remove pineapple from refrigeration. Evenly divide and sprinkle the cheese, cooked chicken, onions, tomatoes, avocados, and pineapple over each of 4 tortillas.
- Place skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add 1 quesadilla, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until quesadilla is browned. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4-6 wedges. Serve alongside your favorite tortilla chips and MIN’s Mango Avocado and Red Onion Salsa for a festive Cinco de Mayo meal!