Let’s face it, most kids are picky eaters, and fighting the good fight can be exhausting. It can be hard to find the time or the will to talk your kids into eating their fruit when all they want is a french-fry or a piece of chocolate. Never fear! We’ve taken the time for you and come up with a few easy tips to entice your children to eat their fruit!
1. Make easy, healthy, kid-friendly recipes that kids will love! Apple wedges dipped in chocolate and oats, banana foster parfaits, white chocolate-cherry bark, and chocolate-peanut butter pudding! The possibilities are endless!
2. Children are more invested in a meal if they help with its preparation. Taking your kids with you to the farmers market or grocery store and letting them pick one or two things to cook for dinner can make them far more excited to eat it later.
3. Creating positive food experiences can decrease picky eating tendencies. Teach your kids that food is fun! Trying new flavors and enjoying the combination of two flavors can be surprisingly fun!
4. One thing you have working in your favor is that children like colorful foods. Fruit is super colorful and can entice children to have fun with their food. You and your kids can talk about your favorite colors and relate the colors of the fruit to familiar objects in nature, like flowers!
5. Children love when their food is designed into patterns on their plate. Creating fun patterns with food or arranging into a smiley face will encourage happy eating!
Our colorful, healthy, and delicious organic dried fruit will teach your kids that fruit is good and good for you! Also, take advantage of our super yummy Single Serve Fruit Fusions! Perfect for “on the go” snacking, so you and your kids don’t have to sacrifice nutrition and flavor for convenience!